What is your reflection?

I have been meditating on Genesis chapter one lately and while doing so, I started asking myself what is my reflection? "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, and the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the waters". I always questioned why didn't God hover over the face of the earth because that's where most of his creating took place. Then it dawned on me, you can never see your own reflection in dirt, you can only see it in water. Water is the purest element. It replenishes and washes away anything impure. God hovered over the face of the water to see His own reflection. Once He saw His own reflection and saw that it was the purest element, He created from the dust of the earth what He was. Hence, "man was created from the dust of the earth, in His image and in His likeness." We are a reflection of Him because He created us from his own reflection of purity. He could never purify water with dirt, He had to purify dirt with water. Which is why he never hovered over the earth because it was without form and void and darkness covered it. Before Him, man or dust had no reflection of purity. We were unclean and good for nothing but to be trampled on. But God saw different! Now we as humans make the mistake of hovering over the face of the earth (dirt) for a reflection. We are so quick to look at others around us and compare ourselves for the answer, remedy, cure. However there is no cure but the God of purity. He will wash away every impurity and we can become the reflection of the Holy one! In him is all things that pertain to life and Godliness. I chose to be his reflection and not give in to my own fleshly desire. My own ways will lead to destruction and damnation, but His ways will lead to purity and everlasting life. I am the renewed, purified, reflection of Jesus Christ!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeds are planted to GROW!

Damaged Relationships

Where is my confidence?